Sean Hannity Just Suffered Huge Loss Because He Supports Trump
Things are getting out of control.
First they ran Bill O’Reilly off the air because he always gave President Trump a fair shake.
When they couldn’t run Sean Hannity out, because he fought back, they’ve now decided to starting stripping him of awards and accolades.
Hannity was previously set to receive the prestigious William F. Buckley Award for Excellence in Media. No one more deserving that Hannity for that award, I would say.
But they just pulled it.
And while they cite “controversies” and a “scheduling conflict” we know that’s pure B.S. The real reason is because Hannity is a Trump supporter and the Media HATES that. Even much of the “Conservative Media” is nothing more than RINOs who also hate Trump.
And now they’ve just penalized Hannity by pulling the award he rightfully won. Shameful.
Fox News Channel star anchor Sean Hannity will no longer receive the conservative Media Research Center’s William F. Buckley Award for Media Excellence at its September 21 gala, sources familiar with the situation tell CNN.
Buckley, the founder of the National Review, who died in 2008, was hailed in his day as “arguably the most important public intellectual in the United States.” Giving an award in his name to Hannity — a pugnacious talk radio host who has shared conspiracy theories on his popular cable news show — had caused hand wringing among some conservatives.
It also caused distress among Buckley’s family — in particular his only child, best-selling author Christopher Buckley.
A source familiar with the situation tells CNN that Christopher Buckley “expressed great dismay” at the announcement that the award would go to Hannity, who has spent a great deal of time insulting conservative intellectuals on Twitter, particularly since he became a strong supporter of Donald Trump.
Related: Fox News’ Sean Hannity calls colleague Shep Smith ‘so anti-Trump’
Buckley, sources say, called the Media Research Center and expressed his disapproval. Sources tell CNN that the MRC acquiesced and will no longer give the award to him. Hannity has since been removed from the gala website.
Sources tell CNN that the MRC leadership discussed ways to allow Hannity to save face by acting as if a scheduling conflict would prevent him from accepting the award.
“It’s my understanding there was a scheduling conflict,” Ryan Moy, a spokesman for the MRC, told CNN.
A source familiar with the situation tells CNN that Christopher Buckley said of the concocted scheduling excuse: “perhaps Mr. Hannity has been offered the Ronald Reagan Great Communicator Award on the same evening and had decided to leverage upwards.”
The MRC’s founder, Brent Bozell, is William F. Buckley’s nephew.
Through a Fox News Channel spokesperson, Hannity said he is unable to attend the event that night and be there in person to accept the award.