UPDATE: Here’s Where We Stand on the Gorsuch Vote (Full List of Senators Inside)
The confirmation of Justice Gorsuch to the Supreme Court is not yet a done deal.
The vote is coming soon, but roll call is already being taken to see where everyone stands.
Are there enough votes? Will the Democrats filibuster? Will the republicans go nuclear?
Bernie Sanders just made headlines by vowing to vote NO and to Filibuster. Take a look HERE.
Here’s the scoop as it stands right now, from Fox News:
More than half of Senate Democrats already have come out against Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch — some planning to support a filibuster if it comes to that.
That means the Senate could be in for a showdown vote in early April.
With 52 Republicans and 48 Democrats in the chamber, the majority party needs eight Democrats to join them to break a filibuster (which takes 60 votes). All Republicans are expected to back the nominee. But if they can’t get to 60, they could deploy the so-called “nuclear option” to lower the threshold and push through to confirmation on a simple majority — a major change in Senate precedent.
So far, however, only two Democrats have come out indicating they would oppose a filibuster — Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota.
Here’s where the rest stand, not including those who have taken no position:
Senators opposed to Gorsuch; supporting a filibuster:
1. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.
2. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis.
3. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J.
4. Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del.
5. Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa.
6. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.
7. Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn.
8. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.
9. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.
10. Sen. Maggie Hassan, D-N.H.
11. Sen. Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii
12. Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore.
13. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va.
14. Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.
15. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash.
16. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.
17. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla.
18. Sen. Gary Peters, D-Mich.
19. Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I.
20. Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt.
21. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-N.H.
22. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.
23. Sen. Tom Udall, D-N.M.
24. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.
25. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I.
26. Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore.
27. Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
28. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass.
29. Sen. Martin Heinrich, D-N.M.
Senators opposed to Gorsuch; position on filibuster unclear:
1. Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio
2. Sen. Ben Cardin, D-Md.
3. Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt.
Read the full story here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/29/gorsuch-tally-where-senators-stand-on-court-nominee.html
Stay connected with Trump News Email … FREE!
Who wants one?
2,888 total views, 3 views today